Open Education Support
The Iowa State University Library seeks to broaden access to learning and training traditionally offered by a formal education system through resources, tools, and practices that can be fully used, shared, and adapted in a digital environment through Open Education. For more information about Open Education at Iowa State, visit oer.iastate.edu.
OER Support in the Library
- support locating and curating resources for instructors interested in integrating OER into their course, and
- workshops and personalized instruction for faculty, staff, and students on topics related to copyright and OER,
- hands-on technical support for instructors publishing OER through the Digital Press.
- ISU Open Education Website: This website contains information about OER support available on campus, including how to find an open textbook, publish a new OER, and integrate OER into your teaching.
- The OER Starter Kit: A handbook created to provide instructors with an introduction to OER. The text is broken into five sections: Getting Started, Copyright, Finding OER, Teaching with OER, and Creating OER.
- ISU Library Guide to OER: This guide contains information about how to find OER, including a list of repositories and curated compilations of resources by discipline.
- ISU Library Guide to Creative Commons: This guide contains information about Creative Commons licenses, customizable copyright licenses that are used to facilitate making OER "open."